RSS
My life is one big jumble of kids, pets, crafts, friends, food, home and business.

And the search continues

Buying a house is a total emotional roller coaster. I'm already feeling the effects and we've barely started the process. 


I realized last night that I was not at all being honest with myself. I was getting stars in my eyes over updated baths and double ovens. But the fact is we live a certain life in our home and the space has to support that or we... I will end up hating that house in a few years and I so do not want that.


Because we homeschool, I have a home business and my husband is home every other week for 7 days we must have not only a certain amount of space but it also has to be arranged right to be useful to us. A giant living room looks great at first but once it's covered in school books and crafty bits because we have no where else to work,  it's not going to seem so awesome.


So we are still searching, but maybe with a bit more of a realistic eye. The right space first, cosmetic updates second most important. We have years to make this house a home and we can tackle projects one at a time until it is perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment